An abridged birth certificate is a computer print out (without the parents details) and the document can be not be apostilled or legalised.
1 working day.
Dependent on the number of certificates required.
An unabridged birth certificate is a certificate of birth showing both the applicants parents details (Home Affairs locates the original birth registration document and all details from this document are placed in the unabridged birth certificate) .
The unabridged birth certificate is a computer print out and the document can be apostilled or legalised.
To obtain an unabridged birth certificate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When will you require an unabridged Birth Certificate?
- On application of certain foreign passports e.g. British
- Emigration purposes
- Visas for certain countries
Takes 14-25 working days from submission
Please note Home affairs is phasing out the wording UNABRIDGED to just birth or marriage but still keep the more detailed information on certificates
Costs dependent on the number of certificates required.
- A vault copy of a birth certificate is a copy of the actual birth registration form when the birth was first registered. These copies are usually needed to prove the right to citizenship or a passport I.e British Passport
- The vault copy of a birth certificate can be apostilled or legalised.
- To obtain a vault copy of a birth certificate application form BI 154 (download above) must be completed and sent through to us either by email or fax.
- The processing time and costs are as for Unabridged Birth certificates.